Studies in economics at the University of Bern (2003 – 2014) and the University of Lund (Sweden, 2008). Swiss Programme for Beginning Doctoral Students in Economics, Study Center Gerzensee (2010 – 2011)
- Habilitation in economics (2019)
- Dr. rer. oec. (2014) (PhD in Economics)
- M.Sc. in Economics (2010)
- 2019: Habilitation in economics (University of Bern, Switzerland)
- 2010-2014: PhD Thesis in applied health economics at the University of Bern (Switzerland)
- 2010-2011: Swiss Program for Beginning Doctoral Students in Economics, Study Center Gerzensee, Gerzensee (Switzerland)
- 2003-2010: Studies of economics at the University of Bern (Switzerland) with a semester abroad at the University of Lund (Sweden)
- Since 2016: Lecturer at the University of Bern (Switzerland)
- Since 2015: Research associate at the CSS Institute for Empirical Health Economics
- 2014: Postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Economics of the University of Bern (Switzerland)
- 2010-2014: Research associate at the Department of Economics of the University of Bern (Switzerland)
(Tab) Selected Publications
- Burkhard, Daniel, Christian P.R. Schmid, Kaspar Wüthrich, Financial Incentives and Physician Prescription Behavior: Evidence from Dispensing Regulations, Health Economics, 28(9): 1114-29.
- Burkhard, Daniel, Christian P.R. Schmid and Kaspar Wüthrich (2019), Financial Incentives and Physician Prescription Behavior: Evidence from Dispensing Regulations, Health Economics, forthcoming.
- Bischof, Tamara and Christian P.R. Schmid (2018). Consumer Price Sensitivity and Health Plan Choice in a Regulated Competition Setting, Health Economics, 27(9), pp. 1366-1379
- Schmid, Christian P. R., Konstantin Beck and Lukas Kauer (2018) Health Plan Payment in Switzerland, in Thomas G. McGuire and Richard van Kleef (eds), Risk Adjustment, Risk Sharing and Premium Regulation in Health Insurance Markets: Theory and Practice, Elsevier Publishing, London, San Diego, p. 453-489.
- Schmid, Christian P.R. (2017). Unobserved Health Care Expenditures: How Important is Censoring in Register Data?, Health Economics, 26(12), pp. 1807-1812.
- Kaufmann, Cornel, Christian P.R. Schmid and Stefan Boes (2017). Health Insurance Subsidies and Deductible Choice: Evidence from Regional Variation in Subsidy Schemes, Journal of Health Economics, 55, pp. 263-273.
- Schmid, Christian P.R. and Konstantin Beck (2016). Re-insurance in the Swiss Health Insurance Market: Fit, Power, and Balance, Health Policy 120(7), pp. 848 - 855, doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2016.04.016
- Kaiser, Boris and Christian Schmid (2016). Does Physician Dispensing Increase Drug Expenditures? Empirical Evidence from Switzerland, Health Economics 25(1), pp. 71-90, doi: 10.1002/hec.3124
- Schmid, Christian (2015). Consumer Health Information and the Demand for Physician Visits, Health Economics 24(12), pp. 1619-1631, doi: 10.1002/hec.3117
- Gerfin, Michael, Boris Kaiser and Christian Schmid (2015). Health Care Demand in the Presence of Discrete Price Changes, Health Economics 24(9), pp. 1164 - 1177, doi: 10.1002/hec.3154