Fatigue is an entirely normal condition with which everybody is familiar. For example, you can be tired in the evening after a hectic day, feeling weak and listless and lacking in concentration. If, however, fatigue becomes a chronic condition, also during the day, this could be a sign of a physical or psychological disease and should be treated by a doctor. See also "chronic fatigue"
- State of weakness and listlessness
- Reduced attentiveness/concentration
- Reduced performance capacity
Causes and treatment
- Lack of sleep
- Unsatisfied need for sleep
- Physical exertion
- Mental exertion (e.g. studying, working in the office)
- Causes of constant fatigue: see "chronic fatigue"
Further treatment by your doctor / in hospital
- Physical examination
- Blood test
- Treatment for an underlying disease, if any
- Lifestyle changes (see “What I can do myself”)