Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterised by widespread pain. Accompanying symptoms include pronounced fatigue, reduced concentration, headaches or digestive problems. Therapy tends to be a combination of painkillers and psychotherapeutic treatment.
- Chronic and widespread muscle pain in the vicinity of the joints
- Sleep disorders (feeling tired even after plenty of sleep)
- Pronounced fatigue and tiredness during the day
Causes and treatment
The exact cause is unknown. Possibilities include, among others:
- Genetic factors
- Chronic inflammation
- Psychological factors, in particular stress of any kind
Further treatment by your doctor / in hospital
- Blood test
- Determining the precise symptoms
- Pain management
- Psychotherapeutic treatment
What can I do myself?
- Sufficient exercise
- Balanced diet
When to see a doctor?
- Persistent pain that interferes with everyday life