A dessert with a difference
Fruits like pineapple, apricots and peaches taste delicious when grilled. The only thing to note with a charcoal grill is that it will give the fruit a slightly smoky taste too. Some people love it, others find it rather unusual. However, the healthy way to barbecue is suitable for all, and everyone should try it out at least once.
For grilled pineapple, you need
1 small pineapple, peeled
6-8 mint leaves
4 skewers, either wood or metal
Tip: Make sure to soak the wood for around 1 hour!
For the sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. rum or water
1 tsp. lemon juice
For the garnish
3 tbsp. Brazil nuts or pistachios
- Place the blackberries, sugar and liquids in a mixer and blend to a rough purée.
- Lightly toast the nuts and chop finely.
- Cut the pineapple into roughly 2cm slices and remove the central core.
- Now cut the slices into same-sized pieces and thread them onto the skewer so that the flat sides are all facing the same way.
- Thinly slice the mint leaves.
On the grill
Heat the grill to around 220°C and clean the grate. Now grill the skewers directly on both sides.
Plate the skewers together with the sauce. Garnish with blackberries, pistachios and mint.